Binghamton University (SUNY)
I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography at Binghamton University, State University of New York ( 纽约州立大学-宾汉姆顿). My research interests focus on Geographic Information Science (GIS), remote sensing, and environmental modeling. More specifically, I am interested in applying geospatial big data, machine learning, and cloud computing (e.g., Google Earth Engine, Microsoft Azure) to study global environmental change, especially wetland and surface water dynamics. I am a big fan of open-source GIS. I have created various open-source packages for advanced geospatial analysis, such as lidar, whitebox, Wetland Hydrology Analyst. Check out my research and blog for more information about what I am currently working on.
• 2015 Ph.D. in Geography. University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, USA
• 2011 M.A. in Geography. University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, USA
• 2007 B.S. in GIS. Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
• 08/2018-present Graduate Director, Department of Geography, Binghamton University (SUNY)
• 08/2015-present Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Binghamton University (SUNY)
• 02/2014-07/2015 Remote Sensing Specialist, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Qiusheng Wu, Ph.D.
Department of Geography
State University of New York
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
Location: Google Map