Binghamton University (SUNY)
I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Geography at Binghamton University, State University of New York ( 纽约州立大学-宾汉姆顿). My research interests focus on Geographical Information Science (GIS), remote sensing, and environmental modeling. More specifically, I am interested in the application of geospatial big data, machine learning, and cloud computing (e.g., Google Earth Engine, AWS, Microsoft Azure) to the study of the physical environment, such as wetland ecosystems and water resources. I am a big fan of open-source GIS. I have created and contributed to various Python packages for advanced geospatial analysis, including lidar, whitebox, WhiteboxTools, and label-maker. Check out my research and blog for more information about what I am currently working on.
• 2015 Ph.D. in Geography. University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, USA
• 2011 M.A. in Geography. University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, USA
• 2007 B.S. in GIS. Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
• 08/2018-present Graduate Director, Department of Geography, Binghamton University (SUNY)
• 08/2015-present Assistant Professor, Department of Geography, Binghamton University (SUNY)
• 02/2014-07/2015 Remote Sensing Specialist, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Qiusheng Wu, Ph.D.
Department of Geography
State University of New York
Binghamton, NY 13902-6000
Location: Google Map